Saturday, July 7, 2012

For one its a mark made and a bitter end, for another it's a new beginning.

To think that Miss Arkansas is already here blows my mind! I can remember being here last year at this exact same time, watching Kristen become the next Miss Arkansas. Now I'm currently sitting on my bed and staring at my large pink suitcase that needs to be packed for the long week of festivities. This week, someone special will be passing on her job. Kristen Glover is a very unique, beautiful, talented, and truly outstanding young lady that has been the ambassador for the Miss Arkansas program for the last 365 days. She served our state to the very very best of her ability and I tell you i don't think she missed a preliminary pageant! She is ALWAYS there to give encouraging words and being a teen that really means a lot. When I see Kristen she always is very humble about what she does and it's hard to catch her not smiling. Who doesn't want to talk to her? She has been a role model for me because no matter the situation, she makes the best of it and is happy to do what she does. That to me really shows her character. Kristen was at most all of the MAOT events and made a point to get to know every single one of us. She is quite the caring young lady and when I say she has left large shoes to fill, I'm not kidding! She told me I would be referred to as her sister queen for her remaining two weeks after I was crowned:) Kristen has not only shone through her character but she has only made the Miss Arkansas pageant bigger and better with grander sponsors! Needless to say, I'm very proud of we hard work this year and I will miss seeing her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment