Monday, July 2, 2012

Miss Arkansas' Outstanding Teen 2012

My Life Is Forever Changed


On June 30, 2012 my life was forever changed when I was crowned Miss Arkansas' Outstanding Teen 2012.  I'm not sure it hit me that it really happened until I got a text message the next morning saying "Good morning Miss Arkansas Outstanding Teen".  I'm surprised I didn't go to sleep with the crown on my head.  I was actually MAOT.  My goal and what I had dreamed of for years came true and I was walking away with more scholarship money than I could imagine.  After receiving the overall and preliminary evening gown, fitness, and talent awards as well as the photogenic, most talented dancer, and overall interview award I got over $5,000 in scholarship money. I agree with the fact that everything happens for a reason, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me this year and how he will be working through my life.  I believe that God has opened this door for me to serve him and I will use all that I have to represent Arkansas to the best of my ability.  So, where to begin. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I look forward to promoting my platform and I know that this job will only give me a greater voice in encouraging teenagers to get involved with children and teenagers with special needs.  I will start blogging pretty often so I would love for you to follow me on this endeavor in my life.  I love quotes, reading, dancing, and learning so hopefully this year will consist of a lot of all of that:) Miss Americas' Outstanding Teen will be here before I know it, and who knows I could soon have a job where I serve America. 
Thanks to Michelle Roberts for capturing this priceless moment:)


Congrats to these talented and beautiful young ladies.  4th runner-up Rachel Harless, 3rd runner-up Bailey Moses, 2nd runner-up Raygan Sylvester, and 1st runner-up Elle Johnson.  They are truly wonderful.

And of course the magnificent panel of judges that crowned me MAOT 2012.  Tara Perry (Marina! :), Kristen Wood, Sydney Friar, Jennifer Sedler, and Paul Crew.
I want to thank my family of course!  They are SO supportive in everything I do and I had a whole fan section that was just consumed of family.  I love them so much:)

No comments:

Post a Comment