Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Piggot Arkansas 4th of July parade

I'm starting to learn that every experience that God puts before me has a purpose. No matter where I am, who is there, or how stressful my day is God has a reason for it. Today I went to the Piggot, Arkansas parade. My grandmother (Grandmary;) grew up in Piggot and she was just thrilled to have my sister and I in the parade. One of the things I love about Arkansas is the fact that there are so many small homey towns. Little cities with small main streets, antique grocery stores, and restaurants my mom remembers coming to when she was a little girl. We even ran into some cousins, related somewhere down the line! What a small world. My mom has been telling us on the drive home about how she remembers coming to the Piggot parade and strapping her and her brothers and sisters bikes to the top of the station wagon. They would go to my great grandmother Granny's house and eat corn on the cob. Today I feel like this experience taught me to truly treasure my family. My mom has these wonderful memories that she will never forget. Unity and family is a special thing, don't ever take it for granted.:)
Thanks to my big sister Molly Anne for taking pictures and coming along for the ride!
Thanks to my amazing cousin McKenzie for driving the convertible! :)
My Grandmary and Papa Doc!

No comments:

Post a Comment