Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Miss Arkansas has begun!

Today is the third day for me to be back in the good ole Spa City! Sunday was arrival and let me tell you it was quite an event. This year the ceremony was held in Horner Hall instead of on the staircase of the convention center. They spiced things up by making a runway with a red carpet and an atmosphere with a Hollywood feel! There were two photo spots set up to take pictures with a Miss Arkansas background! I was VERY impressed with how they choose to put the event together this year and how they really stepped it up. These past few days have been full of anticipation. They are days of rehearsals, stress, not eating, and emotions. Everyone is just ready for competition to get here and lots of girls think that cramming hard work into these couple of days is going to make all the difference in the world. To tell you the truth I don't think it does. Kristen said and I agree, "when you get to Miss AR you are as prepared as you are going to get." So really all you have to do is be the young woman God put you on the earth to be. I believe that God truly has amazing things in store for every single one of the talented girls. It's such an honor to even get to be on that stage and it's hard to think that only one lucky girl out of 47 very qualified woman will get the dream job of Miss Arkansas. I'm praying for my sister this week and that she shows them how capable she is of the job. Hopefully they will see the potential in her that I do:) I believe God has a wonderful Miss Arkansas picked out for this year...I cannot wait for his plans to be revealed! I'm more than thrilled that tomorrow start competition! Ahhhh. I'm looking forward to performing out MAOT opening number and reunite with all my girls at rehearsal in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment