Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's the Little Things in Life

I've learned that God will use me with the smallest things in my life to serve him. No matter where I am are or how tiny the situation, God will use every opportunity he can get to show Christ's love through his people. Tonight I went with my best friend in the whole wide world (Caroline;) to go see her boyfriend Jake play baseball. Im not the biggest baseball fan but I was going with Caroline, and who wants to pass up a night with your best friend? So we went to the game, and when I was sitting there observing everything I noticed a precious little girl in a wheelchair. She was just sitting there by herself, coloring on her doodle pad, and drinking some of her sweet tea every now and then. I have such a heart for people (especially little ones) that have special needs. So I decided that I might as well go make a new friend. So I went to "go to the concession stand" so that I could talk to her. She was pretty standoffish, a little nervous, and a tad confused as to why I kept making eye contact with her. I eventually made my way to where her and her mom were sitting and started talking to her. Her name was Julliana and she was very smart to say the least. She was very understandable when she talked, and could even read what I wrote. She wanted me to draw pictures with her, and by the end of the night me, her, and Caroline were playing "stare contests". She had to introduce her new friends she said to her mom. I figured out that she was on the Twins at miracle league! How awesome! Tonight i learned that God will use you to show his love no matter where hou are...even at a small baseball game. If you are interested in getting involved with sweet little kids with Julliana I suggest you volunteer with Miracle League.

www.miracleleaugear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment